Google Maps API key is a unique identifier, that is required for all websites that use Google Maps API.
Storemapper works with the Google Maps API to ensure your customers get the best possible map experience so you’ll need to get an API key. The good news is that is free, takes just a few minutes and requires no coding. Here are the steps to registering a new Google Maps API key.
- Ensure you’re logged into your Google Account. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to create it first.
- Navigate to Google API dashboard
- Choose a project or create a new one.
- Now we need to enable APIs required for Storemapper. Click on ‘ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES’.
- Press ‘ENABLE’ in the opened window
- You’ll be navigated to added API dashboard. Go back to the list of APIs to continue enabling them. O
- Once you added all 4 APIs we need to create your API key. Click to ‘APIs’ tab in the left pane and then press ‘Create credentials’ button.
- Choose ‘API Key’ in the drop down list .
- Copy the newly created key and save it somewhere. We’re going to add it to your account a bit later. OPTIONAL BUT A GOOD IDEA: You may want to limit your API key to just your site. Click to ‘RESTRICT KEY’, in the restrictions area choose restriction method (most of our clients are using HTTP referrers). .
- Now we need to add Billing and assign it to your project. Navigate here and press ‘Add Billing Account‘.
- In the opened form enter your business information and add a payment card to your account
- Return to your Google Console Dashboard , choose project (1) and press on menu icon (2) .
- Click on ‘Billing‘ tab and on the right press ‘Link billing account’
- Ensure you choose earlier created billing account and press ‘SET ACCOUNT‘
- You’re done! Now get API key you saved previously and paste it to your Storemapper account here