Google Maps API key is a unique identifier, that is required for all websites that use Google Maps API.
Storemapper works with the Google Maps API to ensure your customers get the best possible map experience so you’ll need to get an API key. The good news is that is free, takes just a few minutes and requires no coding. Here are the steps to registering a new Google Maps API key.
- Ensure you’re logged into your Google Account. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to create it first.
- Navigate to Google API dashboard
- Choose a project or create a new one.
- Now we need to enable APIs required for Storemapper. Click on ‘ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES’.
- Press ‘ENABLE’ in the opened window
- You’ll be navigated to added API dashboard. Go back to the list of APIs to continue enabling them. O
- Once you added all 4 APIs we need to create your API key. Click to ‘APIs’ tab in the left pane and then press ‘Create credentials’ button.
- Choose ‘API Key’ in the drop down list .
- That’s it! Just copy the newly created key and paste to your Storemapper account here OPTIONAL BUT A GOOD IDEA: You may want to limit your API key to just your site. Click to ‘RESTRICT KEY’, in the restrictions area choose restriction method (most of our clients are using HTTP referrers).
Also, add *storemapper.co/* to ensure your map preview feature works.