Category filters can be a great way to:
- Differentiate between different types of locations (drive-thru, mall kiosk, showrooms, etc)
- Identify which products or product lines are available at each location
- Show multiple brands or sub-brands on one map
When you add categories, your store locator will automatically populate checkboxes in the search form. Here are a few things to know about how this works.
- By default all checkboxes will be checked. There is currently no way to automatically un-check certain boxes.
- When a checkbox is unchecked, the store locator will automatically refresh to find the nearest locations that fit the remaining checked boxes
- Checkboxes, like any other element of your store locator, can be styled using CSS (more on that).
Each location in your Storemapper database has a category field. To create categories all you need to do is start adding things to the category field. Categories can be edited either with the edit form for a single store or via bulk upload.
Each store can have multiple categories. Just enter them separated by commas. Example: category1, category2, category3.
Find a couple of minutes to check the following video on how categories work.